Monday, April 18, 2005

On the mend (hopefully)

I'm feeling marginally better today than I have for the last week or so. I hope that means I'm on the mend. I finally went to a doctor, yesterday, who told me that I have acute bronchitis and should have come in much earlier (I thought it was just a cold). I've been put on some antibiotics (which seems strange since bronchitis is generally caused by viruses) and given some potent codeine cough syrup. With two teaspoons of the cough syrup I was finally able to get a good sleep last night. The doctor also told me not to run until I stop coughing. As a result, I missed my 20km run that was supposed to happen on Sunday. This is most disappointing as I can feel my fitness level slowly diminishing with each day that goes by that I'm not physically active. I hope to get back to running in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home