Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday Greetings

My thirtieth birthday is right around the corner. Like, six days around the corner. The end of my twenties...it feels strange. I'm pretty happy with my place in the world so that makes it easier to face. I feel like I've accomplished a lot so far in my life and I'm excited about where the future is headed. Sure, it's just a number, but it's a milestone too. I remember being a child and daydreaming about what my future would be like. I'm sure I imagined myself to be married with children at this point. Am I disappointed that I'm not living that daydream? No, not at all. My childlike self had no idea what I would really want when I was 30. She couldn't imagine what a 30-year-old me would actually feel like.

How do I feel? Content. I feel like I'm at a good place in my life. I'm happy to be working at a job that interests me, I am enjoying the challenge and excitement of living in a new place, and I'm still head over heels in love. Eli referred to us recently as being "happy as clams" and I think I agree with him.

This week we've been celebrating Hannukah together. Each night we've lit candles, sung prayers in Hebrew, and have exchanged gifts. It's been very meaningful to develop our own traditions that reflect the homes and the cultures that we grew up in.

Tonight we're leaving to go to Canmore until Boxing Day. My father is going to come and spend the holidays with Eli's family. It will be the first time that our parents will meet. I'm a little nervous but think that it will go alright. I am so excited to see the mountains, feel snow crunching beneath my feet and go skiing! Yay! Also, two of our good friends are coming to Canmore from Edmonton to visit with us for a day so there is much to look forward to.

After Canmore we'll head back to Toronto for a day and then hit the road to celebrate my birthday in Montreal. It will be my very first time there so I'm quite excited. Eli and I will be staying at the luxurious Queen Elizabeth Hotel for two nights! We don't often splurge on such decadent things but we decided that it was warranted for a special occasion. Fun fact you might not know about this hotel: it's where John and Yoko had their famous "bed-in" back in 1969.

Happy holidays everyone and best wishes for the new year!

1 Comments:

Blogger frenchy said...

very belatedly... happy hannukah and new year and birthday!! so many special occasions, all at once, how fun! i hope you had an amazing time in montreal, i love that city so much. and best wishes to you in 2007. xo, marie-g

1/06/2007 5:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home