Friday, June 03, 2005

Frustration

Okay, I am thoroughly frustrated! I have spent the last couple hours attempting to set up an FTP client on my computer in Linux to no avail. I tried a variety of different packages (gFTP, C-Kermit, proftpd, etc.) but I can't get any of them to work. I diligently followed the instructions on downloading and installing tar files but each time something went wrong and I am not well versed enough in Linux to figure out what. Sigh. Can someone help me? Basically, I need step-by-step instructions to download, install and then start an FTP client that will work in SUSE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Ummm, what instructions? I have been on my own since the beginning : )

6/03/2005 3:16 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

Oh...you were talking about the instructions that I said I followed. I went to linuxquestions.org and followed the step-by-step instructions to download, install, and run proftpd. I kept getting error messages but I have no idea how to fix them. I've discovered a new way to get an ftp client through Yast but I need the install disks to do so. Sigh...Linux is tough to work with!

6/03/2005 3:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home