Friday, April 27, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

I am finally home from my geographic profiling course. It was only two weeks (and even had a trip home in between) but if felt like a really long two weeks! What is geographic profiling? It's a method to help track down serial offenders by using the areas where they commit crimes to help identify where they might reside (or work). It's pretty neat and really effective when you apply it to cases that meet the criteria. I now have six months to complete a real case using the techniques that I've learned and then can be certified as a geographic profiling analyst.

It's nice to be back home with no immediate plans to go anywhere for a little while. Although I've been away for four weeks already this year, my job normally doesn't involve much travel. I don't know how some people do it on a regular basis. Work travel is very different from personal travel, especially if you go with other coworkers because even in your 'off' times, you end up talking about work a lot and that can get really tiring. I usually retreated to my room in the evenings because I found myself needing some time to myself at the end of the day.

The plan for the weekend is to relax, dance to reggae, eat yummy food, and spend time with everyone in Toronto who I've been missing.

Happy Weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home